Tuesday 22 January 2013

Chocolate orange truffles!

Oh my, I have been slack with this blog, haven't I?! It's been over a year since I last wrote, oops. In part, that's because I have been eating lots of crap and not making any exciting  and new raw stuff. And also because I have been lazy :/ But no more! I made loads of tasty raw delights at the weekend and so I'm going to update you with some new recipes.

The most delicious thing I invented on Saturday were: raw chocolate orange truffles.



They are so quick and easy to make and one of the most delicious raw sweets I've made.

Put 1 cup of cashews, soaked for for 2-3 hours, in the food processor with 1/2 cup of dates. Process these until they start to stick together. Then add 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder and the zest and juice of half an orange. (This is the amount I used because I had half an orange leftover in the fridge! You could use more or less, experiment to taste.) Process it all some more- it will start sticking together and going into a ball. Taste the mixture- you might want to add a squirt of agave if you like them sweeter. 
Then just take out spoonfuls of the mixture and roll it gently into balls in your hand. Put them in a container and into the freezer to set. They'll be ready in about half an hour, if you can wait that long!


Then keep them in the freezer! You don't need to put them back into the fridge to keep, eat them straight from the freezer, the texture is amazing! They're still soft, not hard at all, and don't seem 'frozen' but it gives them a lovely creamy texture. And they have a very rich taste. Enjoy! More recipes to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment