Tuesday 22 January 2013

Chia pudding

Ok... so this looks pretty weird, I know, but go with it, trust me, it's delicious! I took this pic on my phone after letting it sit about 10 minutes, but it gets thicker and more gloopy the longer you leave it. Kind of frogspawny. Er, not really selling it here am I?! I guess it's sort of like tapioca pudding, if you can remember that? Look, all you need to know is it's really gorgeous and sweet and filling and absolutely amazing for you :)


Put 1/2 cup of cashews (soaked for 2 or 3 hrs then rinsed) in a blender with 3 cups water & 6 dates. Whizz it up until smooth. Put this cashew milk in a container, e.g. an old ice cream tub or similar (N.B. It tastes pretty delicious at this stage- you might want to try a glass!)

 Then mix 1/2 cup chia seeds into the cashew milk & leave it to sit for at least 10 minutes. Ideally leave it for longer- it softens up and gets thicker the longer you leave it. Stir it to break up any lumpy bits. This will keep for a few days in the fridge. It's a lovely breakfast or dessert & really good for you. This amount should make 2 or 3 big bowls or more, depending on how hungry you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment