Wednesday 29 December 2010

Detoxing with the master cleanse

Oops... it's been flippin ages since I blogged here! I did struggle a bit with staying raw when it was so cold, and fell off the raw wagon somewhat. So now I am back on the master cleanse to re-set myself and get myself back into the raw groove.

I'm drawing to the end of the second day and so far so good. It's a lot easier than last time I did it as I'm on holiday from work, which definitely helps. Also, the last time I only tried the morning salt water flush once and it didn't work at all so I didn't do it again ... however, this time, completely different story! I did it this morning, and yes, it's quite revolting to drink, but boy did it ever work! Last time, it just swished around inside me and nothing came back out, but this time I had several 'movements'  (tmi? hee hee) and definitely feel like the detox is working. I think it's because I've got a better quality salt- Maldon sea salt flakes, which have no additives and are non-iodised. I can' remember what I used last time. I put in two pretty generous teaspoons of salt to make sure it worked- I may not have used enough for my body last time.

This time I got Peter Glickman's master cleanse book (on my new Kindle, which I totally love, but that's another story) Lose Weight, Have More Energy & Be Happier in 10 Days, Second Edition, and reading it I learnt a lot more about the benefits of the cleanse and the process of cleansing the toxins from the colon, so I feel I am really detoxing, and not just looking at it as a weight loss thing. I definitely need to cleanse my system, I have been eating fairly unhealthily at times over the festive period, as well as drinking alcohol, which I know doesn't agree with me, so I really need to detoxify my liver and colon.

I had a massive burst of energy this evening- my bathroom has never been so sparkling- but I suspect this won't last as day 3 (tomorrow) is often the hardest day, detox sympton-wise, but I suppose that's a good thing in terms of cleansing (my body, not the bathroom). The hunger hasn't really kicked in yet either. But I have been peeing ridiculously, I'm in and out of the loo at the moment! I'm sure that's good too though, more stuff passing through me helping the cleansing process, and I am drinking a ton of water as well as the lemonade drinks and peppermint tea, so it's only to be expected.

I read in the book that if you get a craving for something specific it is most likely what your body is currently eliminating and the craving will probably be gone the next day after the morning 'elimination'. Someone said funghi on TV this morning and I suddenly wanted a mushroom pizza, so I suspect that is true! It's also imprtant to recognise the distinction between craving and hunger, which I am working on.

Well, I'm going to make my laxative tea and have an early night, but I will keep updating on my progress through the master cleanse if you're interested to read it. If not, I will be back on the raw food after this 10 days is over, so do check back then!

8 more days to go and then I can have fresh orange juice...mmmmmmm! x

No comments:

Post a Comment